And the casserole was SO YUMMY.
1 lb. sausage
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
6 slices of bread
1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz. sliced mushrooms optional (fresh is best but canned taste great)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the sausage – & then cool – & then drain it
- Beat eggs until they are frothy
- Mix milk, salt & the mustard together in a bowl
- Remove crusts from the bread
- Cut each piece of bread into 6 pieces
- Then, add eggs to the milk mixture and stir until soft
- Add cheese, sausage, mushrooms & bread to milk and egg mixture.
- Pour into 9x13 pan
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Recipe Hint: Refrigerate the entire pan overnight, instead of cooking it right away, in order to let the bread soak up the egg mixture and this is even more delicious!