- It’s never as good as you hear or as bad as you feel.
- Learn to remember names.
- Do what you love.
- Remember that your best friend is the one who brings out the best that’s in you.
- Stay strong. Keep a stiff upper lip. Keep your shoulders back.
- Keep your heart free of hate. Keep your mind free from worry.
- Live simply, expect little, give much.
- Plan your work and work your plan. If you fail to plan, then plan to fail.
- Fill your mind full of God.
- A bad excuse is worse than none.
- Become a member of the DIN DIN club: Whatever you need to get done, do it now, do it now!
- Learn how to be a comfortable person to be around – like an old shoe.
- Do not carry the day into the night.
- Choose well, make good choices and remember all choices have consequences.
- Take a real interest in the organization that employs you.
- It’s never about you but others.
- Remember you have to make it a great day. Don’t assume that it will happen on its own.
I came across this in a blog from Focus on the Family. These are tips to share with your children.
Where did my baby go? Julie is 10 now and in the 5th grade. We have started week 3 of school and everyone is settled in. Let the homework, activities, soccer and football games begin. It's funny how I plan my year by a school calendar where as Mike thinks of a new year in January.
It was an early morning. Julie's bus came at 7 AM and the boys followed shortly after. Summer if officially over! It was hard to watch them all hop on a different bus and head off to school. This is the first time I haven't had a child at the elementary school in years. Beau is a freshman, Jack 8th grade and Julie a 5th grader. Now I can't wait for them to come home so I can hear the stories about their day!
Slaughter Pen is a bicycle trail system in Bentonville AR. I rode it recently with my 2 teenage sons and had a blast. We rode most of the trails in Phase 1 and 2 and look forward to visiting again.
Celebrated my nephew's 12th Birthday at the track!! I got to race with these 4 speedsters and it was a blast except having a helmet on in record OK heat and humidity! JRP is a great track in west Tulsa.
Michelle was out of town for the weekend and I enjoyed a game that lasted over 3 hours with the kids. Dad lost....
When vehicles and equipment sit, rodents will inhabit them. This is an actual picture from one of my customer's misfortune when he started the truck after sitting about a month. When a mouse eats the insulation from wiring the resultant arcing can start a fire. The responding fire department took over an hour to contain this mishap!!
Kids are at New Life Ranch this week. Mike and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary on Saturday so we have been celebrating it all week! Summer has not slowed down one bit as boys have basketball and Julie has been keeping busy with VBS camps during the day with her friends. With the kids gone I have no one to take our picture so here is an old pic to enjoy and a selfie from this week!
Kirk of the Hills will be celebrating One Nation Under God this Sunday at 6:00pm. Come and enjoy the Kirk choir and listen to the guest speaker.... yours truly, Lt. Col. Michael Jansen, Ret. This is an annual event held by The Kirk. Mike is honored to be asked to speak. If you want more details you can log onto The Kirk.
During my Air Force career, I commuted by bicycle often from home to base. With the river trail system in Tulsa, I have a manageable 11 mile commute one way from home to my office and am back on the bike!! It's the time of year when bikes, motorcycles and kids are out a lot more. Put down your phones and pay attention when driving!! Have a great summer.